Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Executing the day to day activities associated with operating a demanding warehouse department within a highly regulated quality environment adhering to all Safety and Warehousing procedures. It is incumbent upon the Warehouse Operator to demonstrate Oceaneering’s Core Values; Safety & the Environment, Teamwork & People, Customer Focus, Excellence, Accountability, Ethics and Adhering to Oceaneering’s Life Saving Rules at all times.
• Applies moderate to advanced job knowledge of own job area or good understanding across multiple support job areas.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to make decisions.
• Ability to communicate and listen effectively and professionally.
• Checking material and documentation at receipt entry stage and ensure quality, description and condition of goods before acceptance.
• Generating material documentation and ERP system transactions for all incoming material and outgoing material.
• Ensuring the transfer of finished goods and shipping activities within the company are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
• Loading and unloading vehicles with goods in accordance with safety and handling procedures.
• Co-ordinating with Accounting, Manufacturing, QA & QC departments to ensure accurate and timely release of products.
• Completion of kitting process, providing regular updates to Warehouse Supervisor
• Control of receipt and issue of Free Issue materials; ensuring Free Issue items returned to the Warehouse are stored safely and in accordance with any Project/Customer requirements.
• Physical counting of inventory in accordance with the cycle count schedule and reporting on inventory accuracy.
• Identifying, recording and reconciling inventory discrepancies, issuing and controlling stock adjustment requests and records.
• Ensuring the entire working environment is kept clean and tidy at all times and material is stacked safely using the warehouse housekeeping checklist.
• Participate in HSE awareness – observations cards, HSE safety suggestions, core processes/activities.
• Maintain effective communication between Warehouse Department and all other functional departments.
• Research and resolve shipping, packaging, and warehouse operations problems as needed.
• Responsibility of moving materials to safest and best fit locations, ensuring that correct bin location is recorded on the ERP system.
• To identify changes to policies, procedures and material control systems and report to Warehouse Foreman for update
• Support other divisions within the Rosyth campus as required.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
• This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
• Good experience within a manufacturing organisation, preferably within a warehouse environment preferred
• Forklift truck driver
• Banksman/slinger for offloading of material
• Experience or knowledge of Oracle or a similar ERP system along with Stores experience highly preferred.
• Excel skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team
• Competent in ERP System
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Solution minded approach to problem solving
• Customer service experience – responding promptly to customer needs
• Planning and organising – prioritises and plans work activities
• Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS & SHOP/OUTDOORS which is characterized as follows:
• Daily tasks may include indoor & outdoor work depending on current work scope
• Occasional exposure to noise levels above 85 decibels , PPE will be a requirement and will be provided
• Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click ‘Apply Now’.