Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too. Yodel are looking to hire a selection of Security Guards to join our Security Department in Wednesbury.
Reporting in to the Security Manager, the Security Guards will help ensure that security and safety of assets, people, processes and the site itself.
What you’ll be doing
The security team based at the Hatfield Hub manage and carry out the day to day security functions detailed below under the management of the Security Manager.
As a Security Guard you will work as part of a team responsible for maintaining security on site. Key areas of responsibility for Security Guards at Hatfield Sortation include:
– Guarding of the perimeter and site assets through physical patrols and CCTV monitoring.
– Guarding of the site pedestrian entrance through physical patrols and use of the intercom system.
– Operating the warehouse sterile entrance area where staff are monitored through use of stationary scanners, wand scanners, physical searches and bag searches.
– Responding to live incidents and contacting relevant authorities including emergency services where required.
– Reporting of security incidents through use of the internal electronic reporting system.
– Completing incident report logs and witness statements where required.
– Incident investigation including through use of CCTV systems and communication with frontline staff as well as the warehouse management team.
– Communicating and ensuring staff members are aware of correct security procedures around the site, and reporting where breaches are identified.
What you need to show us
You will need to hold the following experience and attributes:
– Eligible to apply for SIA license. Currently held license is not mandatory however is desirable. License renewal costs will be covered as long as the applicant remains employed by Yodel.
– Competent in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
– Experience of working as part of a Security Team.
– Prior experience in use of CCTV systems.
– The ideal candidate will have experience working in the security industry previously.
– They will be able to demonstrate strengths in verbal and written communication.
Why work with us
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual that is a passionate about and diligent Security Guard. The successful candidate will receive the following great benefits:
– Working hours will be shift based and follow a rota
– Working days will include weekends.
– Some lone or night working may be expected
– Night shift allowance (20%)
– Competitive remuneration package
– Generous pension scheme
– Up to 25% discount on (url removed)
– 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata)
– Discounted hotel stays, gym memberships and Virgin Media discounts