Are you ready to champion extraordinary customer service, Amazon style?
Are you up for crafting solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Then we have an opportunity just for you!
We’re seeking an Area Manager to join our dynamic Fulfillment Center. Our Fulfillment Centers are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network: they’re where we manage our dynamic inventory. They’re also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
In these facilities we’re building the future of customer service, as we work towards becoming Earth’s most customer-centric company. This is your chance to make history with us.
About the role and responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible as a leader for one of the main teams in your FC: receive, stow, pick, pack or ship. Along with your peers, you’ll ensure that all workflows run smoothly and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
In the logistics team you enter and lead, we’ll be entrusting a team of approximately 80 to 120 associates to you. You’ll drive the training and integration of your team, while motivating and inspiring forward progress. All the while, you’ll exercise good judgement, making sure progress and critical metric targets are worked towards and met.
While you achieve this, you’ll ensure motivation, engagement and performance:
– You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety, promoting Amazon’s Health and Safety standards,
– You’ll lead cross-functional teams, tasked with solving operational problems,
– You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of process quality,
– You’ll maintain inventory accuracy,
– You’ll strive to improve and streamline processes,
– You’ll become a subject matter expert on larger FC processes and activities,
– You’ll actively share and promote best practices with your colleagues and network,
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Basic qualifications:
– You hold a degree in logistics, business administration, or in a related field, or you have an equivalent qualification
– A great teammate, you thrive when working with others,
– You have previous experience as a manager, involving sizable teams; you’re a natural at motivating others around you,
– You demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities: conducting and driving Dive Deep analysis on complex processes isn’t a problem for you,
– You’re a quick thinker, able to act tactfully in a dynamic environment,
– You’re willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done.
– Previous experience as a manager in a distribution center or logistics warehouse is a nice to have.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Degrees in Logistics, Business, Management, Operations – or any Engineering discipline are preferred but not mandatory
– Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you were president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in charity work or a group project
– The ability to speak and write another European language, particularly German, French, Italian or Spanish would be an advantage
– The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice () to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial (tel:). If calling from Ireland, please dial (tel:).